Junior Graphic Designer
Merchant Risk Council
May 04, 2022
Junior Graphic Designer is responsible for the creative development of internal- and external-facing assets across print, digital and experiential media. This role will bring the MRC brand to life by infusing the organization’s personality, vision, and mission across all internal and external communications. This role has the opportunity to create design work that helps crystallize our visual expression, expand on the brand guideline toolkit that already exists, and set standards for creating on-brand visual communication.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Direct and implement the development and application of elevated brand experiences across internal and external touchpoints, including print, digital media, conferences, events, advertising, and video content
- Work closely with the marketing team members to understand the needs, goals, and vision for the organization in order to translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, visually exciting, and easy to understand
- Enhance brand assets, contribute creative ideas, and ensure assets are delivered in a timely manner
- Lead internal design projects from conception to execution in collaboration with cross-functional teams including marketing, membership, and programs team members, photographers, printers, and all others involved in the development and production of a project
- Maintain and manage the organization of the asset library
- Present everything from concepts to final deliverables to all levels of the organization
Qualifications, Skills, and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
- Must have graphic design and light video production and editing skills along with capabilities in the latest digital design trends
- 0 - 3+ years of experience working in an agency or in-house design department
- Strong design mastery in color theory, design trends, typography, and information hierarchy
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects) and proficiency in Microsoft Office is required
- Organized with the ability to manage numerous projects, comfortable managing short deadlines and quick turn-around times, reprioritizing projects, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- International travel may be required.
- International safety protocols will be required to be followed.
- MRC has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees required to travel are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (two vaccinations and a booster), unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.