Program Manager, Community Development & Engagement
Merchant Risk Council
May 17, 2022
Are you ready to bring your passion in creating, curating and coordinating year-round community engagement by developing our membership community? The MRC is looking for an experienced Program Manager interested in growing our community through engagement in the ecommerce, fraud prevention and payment industry.
Roles and Responsibilities
The MRC Programs model includes, but is not limited to the following offerings which this position supports:
- Communities and Affinity Groups, Higher Logic and Slack
- Conference Speakers and Agenda Content
- Online eLearning, industry certification and Learning Management System (LMS)
- MRC Roadshows / MRC Connects
- Weekly Webinars
- Benchmarking Surveys
Communities and Affinity Groups
- Create and implement a community engagement strategy and process to meet the company’s goals and the needs of our members.
- Manage community groups and industry affinity groups (gamers, ticketing, airlines, etc.) and form new industry relationships in different sectors. Support a rollout and plan of affinity groups to develop each fiscal year.
- Facilitate merchant-led committees, working groups and project teams focused on emerging technologies.
- Utilize knowledge from communities and affinity groups to build MRC content.
- Oversee the mentor program within the MRC.
- Research and evaluate our job share program and make data driven recommendations.
- Own the contractual relationships with any community offerings (Higher Logic, speednetworking, etc.).
- Develop and implement related key performance indicators to track and measure programs.
- Work with the VP of Programs & Technology and regional Conference Committees to construct and develop the content for MRC Conferences bringing data from the community to drive on trend topics
- Participate in the development of topics while understanding various levels of audience experience.
- Build a roster of volunteer speakers and keynotes.
- Attend conferences and participate as an on-site subject matter expert and moderator, when necessary.
- Utilize prior conferences and agendas to determine the value content and speakers bring to the events.
- Work with speaker coordinators/manager on maintaining a smooth conference and provide post-event feedback to speakers.
MRC Conferences / MRC Connects
- Extend programs for communities at in-person and online shows that build community and collaboration
- Occasionally participate in regional road shows throughout the year.
- Develop processes and marketing plans to showcase the various programs available to our members at events.
- Collaborate with team members to market these programs to drive and track attendance
- Participate by offering content and speaker suggestions where appropriate.
- Maintain sufficient expertise and market knowledge regarding ecommerce fraud, payments and security. This knowledge includes payment card rules and regulations, alternative payment methods, risk management tools, investigative techniques, chargeback management and compliance.
- Facilitate cross department collaboration (marketing, events, membership, and finance) to develop programs Streamline and/or automate processes as needed
- Complete market research and assessments on community tools to remain innovative and current
Qualifications, Skills, and Education Requirements:
- A minimum of 4-7 years of experience in program management, product management with a community or senior community management experience
- Knowledge of ecommerce, fraud and/or payments industry is a plus
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work with internal and external teams
- Experience with content management systems (CRM-Salesforce) and user forums/communities (HigherLogic)
- Strong people skills and a willingness to share industry knowledge across a variety of audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and comfortable with public speaking.
- Highly organized with strong time management skills
- Project management skills are a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, global environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience required
- Ability to travel domestically up to 15% to conferences and team meetings
- International travel may be required.
- International safety protocols will be required to be followed.
- MRC has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees required to travel are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (two vaccinations and a booster), unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.