The Cryptocurrency Essentials course is a self-paced, entry-level course covering the basics of cryptocurrency. In this course, learners will study the definition and history of cryptocurrency, how cryptocurrency works as a payment method, and best practices to maximize benefits while reducing risk.
The course is developed by the MRC in partnership with Flexa and peer-reviewed by the MRC Education Committee.
- Program Level: Basic
- Program Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- Program Delivery Method: QAS Self Study
- CPE Credits: 1.0
- Advanced Preparation and/or Pre-requisites: None
- Categorize types of digital currencies
- Identify features of cryptocurrencies
- Understand the history of cryptocurrency
- Compare and contrast how cryptocurrency can be used for and against fraud
- Outline how cryptocurrency works as a payment method
- Distinguish between person-to-person (P2P) and person-to-business (P2B) crypto payments
- Identify key benefits for merchants who accept cryptocurrency as a payment
- Outline the general process of how merchants can accept cryptocurrency payments
- Highlight factors to consider when selecting a solution provider to accept cryptocurrency
The Cryptocurrency Essentials course is priced at US$75 for MRC members (plus applicable taxes). Non-members may take the course at the non-member price of US$150 (plus applicable taxes).
RAPID Edu Accreditation
The Merchant Risk Council is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: nasbaregistry.org
RAPID Edu Refund Policy
For the RAPID Edu program self-study courses, refunds and cancellations are determined on a case-by-case basis. Cancellations and requests for refunds must be communicated in writing to email@example.com. Refunds will not be issued once a course is started. Additionally, courses must be completed within one year of the course enrollment date.