Senior Marketing Manager
Merchant Risk Council
January 20, 2022
We are looking for a marketing guru with the ability to quickly learn, understand and follow eCommerce payments and fraud trends in order to hone in and select the best marketing programs and channels that’ll deliver stellar results for our organization.
Are you an effective communicator? How good are your problem-solving skills? How skilled are you at multitasking?
This role will manage a variety of projects at the same time, supporting several departments and overall organization objectives. If you are someone who likes to wear multiple hats and has a bit of experience doing so, this might be a job for you.
The Merchant Risk Council (MRC) was founded in 2000 by a small group of merchants with a common desire to meaningfully address issues arising from an increase in eCommerce fraud. The MRC is a growing not-for-profit 501(c)6 professional trade organization. The MRC promotes coordinated efforts of the largest eCommerce organizations to support and improve online payments for merchants, solution providers, consumers, and other stakeholders.
The MRC currently offers eCommerce-focused programs and services and leads industry networking, education, benchmarking, and advocacy programs. Since its inception, it has grown into a global organization with over 500 members and sponsor organizations worldwide. Of that global membership, hundreds of companies represent the largest brands found online with revenues measured in billions of dollars.
Staff: Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, but fully remote, the MRC is a team of twenty (20) FTEs in the US and three (3) operating our European entity.
Sponsors: The MRC enjoys a strong relationship with key industry solution providers in the form of sponsorships. Global payments, risk management, technology companies, and fraud management brands are active in the leadership of the organization and support it fiscally through active financial sponsorship.
Board: The organization enjoys an active Global Board of Directors with most seats held by merchants. Other seats are held by industry experts and solution provider members. In addition to the global board, the organization is represented by the North American, European, and APAC regional advisory boards.
Culture: The MRC is committed to creating a culture of excellence, designed to attract the best and the brightest in all functions within the organization. With the vision to make eCommerce safe and profitable everywhere, the organization is highly entrepreneurial in nature with a high sense of accountability and ownership, within a collaborative team-oriented structure. The pace is very fast with a focus on delivering near-term tangible results and positioning the organization for sustained growth.
Job Description: This role supports the design and implementation of marketing programs across different communication channels to ensure experiences that encourage engagement with our members, employees, and the industries we serve in the eCommerce payments and fraud prevention ecosystem. This position is part of the Marketing team, reporting to the Marketing Director, and requires collaboration with multiple teams across functions to help elevate our brand visibility and member engagement and retention, as well as new member acquisition. This is a job for a self-motivated, high-energy, skilled marketing manager who is passionate about all aspects of marketing and executing strategy as our organization’s growth continues to accelerate.
Roles and Responsibilities
The MRC Senior Marketing Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Own marketing channel stack, create and redefine marketing programs to deliver on the organization’s strategic goals and objectives
- Understand how to scope and create targeted marketing programs to reach different member and non-member segments, and work with teams to gather qualitative and quantitative insights that inform your work
- Advocate for our existing and prospective members, be informed about our competitive landscape, develop strategy-driven execution plans as part of the overall marketing programs roadmap
- Develop and own dashboards to monitor KPIs for all marketing channels, analyze effectiveness, and recommend adjustments based on channel and campaign performance
- Track and report the overall SEO performance, and continuously improve SEO activities to achieve the biggest impact on organic search
- Lead data-driven, technology-enabled improvement efforts to help efficiently scale, make smarter business decisions, and improve member engagement and profitability metrics
- Partner with cross-functional teams (membership, events, programs, finance) to align on strategy, content, deployment, and measurement of campaigns that help grow our membership, and engage and retain existing members
- Coordinate marketing and programs efforts to optimize the member and non-member online experience (website, community portal, on-demand learning platform) and continuously track and improve relevant performance metrics
- Explore new channels for growth of marketing opportunities
- Maintain a high level of organization and attention to detail
Qualifications, Skills, and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of work experience in planning and implementing successful marketing operations, including SEO and SEM strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as listening and interpretation skills
- Strong business acumen and the ability to understand the needs of different audiences
- Creativity and the ability to develop high-quality, comprehensive campaign strategies (solid experience with Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus)
- Ability to recognize potential obstacles and proactively suggest workarounds
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Strong analytical skills and working knowledge of LinkedIn Ads and Google Ads
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics
- Experience with Salesforce and marketing automation technology, preferably Pardot
- Strong knowledge of HTML/CSS and website administration is required
- Experience in the fraud prevention/payments/fintech industry is a plus (not required)
- Please be prepared to provide your marketing projects portfolio, including successful marketing programs metrics
Click "Download Now" to view a PDF with a detailed job description. To apply, please use this link: https://www.indeed.com/job/senior-marketing-manager-remote-position-03b7c383a76cc444