Machine Learning for Fraud Prevention
In an era when eCommerce is experiencing an accelerated digital transformation, fraud practitioners are increasingly embracing digital tools and solutions to aid in the fight against evolving fraud. In this course, fraud and risk specialists will learn the fundamentals of machine learning (ML) and how they can leverage ML to help identify and prevent fraud in a card-not-present setting
This course will launch in January 2023 but is available for pre-order now. The course is developed by the MRC in partnership with Signifyd and peer-reviewed by the MRC Education Committee. If you pre-order today, you will be automatically enrolled in the course once it launches.
Program Level: Basic
Program Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Program Delivery Method: QAS Self Study
*CPE Credits: 2.6
Advanced Preparation and/or Pre-requisites: None
- Define machine learning and key ML terminology
- Categorize approaches to ML used for fraud detection
- Identify the advantages and challenges of using ML for fraud management
- Describe how ML experts and fraud analysts work together
- Categorize types of data used for predicting fraud
- Illustrate how raw data is transformed for ML use
- Compare how different outcomes are labeled and treated by a model
- Outline the ML model training process
- Evaluate the model’s accuracy, precision, and recall
- Understand model deployment, performance monitoring, and drift
- Analyze model scores to make fraud prevention decisions
*Learning objectives and CPEs are subject to change before the official course launch.
PRE-ORDER: The Machine Learning for Fraud Prevention course is priced at US$150 for MRC members (plus applicable taxes). Non-members may take the course at the non-member price of US$300 (plus applicable taxes).
RAPID Edu Accreditation
The Merchant Risk Council is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: nasbaregistry.org
RAPID Edu Refund Policy
For the RAPID Edu program self-study courses, refunds and cancellations are determined on a case-by-case basis. Cancellations and requests for refunds must be communicated in writing to email@example.com. Refunds will not be issued once a course is started. Additionally, courses must be completed within one year of the course enrollment date.