MRC Payments and Fraud Prevention Certification Program
Demonstrate Your Expertise in Payments and Fraud Prevention. Get Certified with the MRC.
The MRC is proud to offer the first-ever industry standard Payments and Fraud Prevention Certification. This certification provides verified proof of expertise for anyone hoping to advance their career in these quickly growing industries.
Download the Certified Payments and Fraud Prevention Professional (CPFPP) certification Handbook for more details.
Why Get Certified?
Demonstrate a strong foundation in payments and fraud prevention, vetted by a reputable and well-known eCommerce organization.
Get your current team members or new hires certified through the MRC to ensure baseline competency and shared knowledge.
Professionals from Related Fields
Master the latest technological developments, industry concepts and language necessary to excel.
Ready to Get Your Certification Process in Motion?
Become a Certified Payments and Fraud Prevention Professional (CPFPP) in Four Steps.
Step 1 – Meet the eligibility requirements.
- This program is designed to accommodate professionals with a variety of backgrounds via several Eligibility Pathways. These pathways use a combination of diverse professional qualifications that enable almost any dedicated applicant to achieve this career milestone.
- See Application Eligibility Requirements in the FAQ below for more information.
Step 2 – Pay the exam fees and apply to take the CPFPP exam.
- The exam fee is paid upon submission of the application form. The exam fee is US$500 for MRC members and US$700 for non-members. If, after the application review, it is determined that the applicant does not meet the eligibility requirements, the exam fee will be refunded, minus a US$150 administrative fee. Candidates will have a three-month window to take the exam.
- Non-members, don’t miss out on additional savings – Join the MRC Today!
- Please Note: Participants must pay the exam fee before proceeding through the application process. After payment, participants will submit documentation proving their eligibility and complete the application. Once the application has been processed and the eligibility requirements verified, which may take up to 10 business days, participants will be informed by email about their approval status.
Step 3 – Prepare for the CPFPP exam.
- The certification exam will cover the four distinct domains of payments and fraud prevention: Performance Management, Operational Management, Provider Management, and Features/Enhancements.
- View the exam content outline and access the list of study resources.
Step 4 – Schedule and take the online exam. Get certified.
- Once notified of the MRC’s approval to take the exam, you will need to schedule the online exam date with our remote testing partner, ProctorU. Specific exam dates are subject to availability.
- Rescheduling or cancelling an exam
- Rescheduling your exam may incur a rescheduling fee. To avoid it, schedule your exam more than 72 hours in advance of the desired exam date.
- If rescheduling your exam within 72 hours of the original exam date, you will be charged a rescheduling fee of US$8. Rescheduling within 24 hours of the exam date will incur a fee of US$12.
- If you need to cancel the exam, you must provide a cancellation notice at least 24 hours before your appointment to be eligible for a refund, minus a US$150 administrative fee.
- If you fail to show up for a scheduled exam without prior cancellation notice, you will not be eligible for a refund.
- Rescheduling or cancelling an exam
- Technical requirements for the exam
- You will be required to download approved software from ProctorU in order to ensure the exam is secure. Please be sure the computer you plan to use allows you to download and install third-party software before taking the test. We do not recommend testing on a corporate computer due to potential firewall, permissions and security settings that might not be compatible with ProctorU application.
- Review the equipment requirements from ProctorU to ensure you are using the supported technology.
- Contact us regarding any additional technical questions which may not be covered in the equipment requirements list.
- Learn more about what to expect on the day of the exam.
- Once you complete the exam, you will be notified of the results via email.
Start Your Certification Process.
Submit the form below to receive detailed information about the application process and your next steps.
1 What are the application requirements and Eligibility Pathways to certification?
2 How do I begin the application process?
3 How do I know if I passed the exam? Can I retake the exam if I don’t pass?
4 What do I need to do to maintain my certification?
5 What if I need special accommodations?
Contact Us for answers to any inquiries, or to learn more about the Certified Payments and Fraud Prevention Professional program.