MRC Advocacy: The Voice of the Merchant
Making Merchants' Voices Heard
Member advocacy is of the utmost importance to the MRC. The work we are undertaking on behalf of our merchant members continues to benefit the payments industry across the board.
As the ever-evolving eCommerce industry grows in complexity and the challenges it needs to overcome increase, implementing new payments regulations, standards, and policies makes navigating the payments ecosystem even harder.
New technologies and fraud trends affect payments in unprecedented ways. As the Voice of the Merchant, the MRC makes the merchants’ voices heard. We continuously work with regulators and legislators to ensure they understand the impact their decisions may have on the merchants and the already complicated ecosystem.
The MRC is focused on several key areas:
- Providing MRC members with the most up-to-date information on new payments regulations, rules, mandates, standards, and policies
- Providing a strong, collective merchant voice when engaging financial regulators and policymakers globally
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with the card networks
- Redefining industry issues to enable merchants to resolve problems better (e.g., working with eCommerce super-brands to redefine Friendly Fraud to First-Party Misuse and effecting the change at the industry level)
- Addressing data privacy, security, and consumer protection matters
We Are Strongest When We Join Forces
Our Global Advocacy Initiatives
Continuing to build bridges by having fact-based conversations.