The MRC provides complimentary webinars to help eCommerce professionals stay current on relevant fraud, payments, and law enforcement topics. Join us for the following webinars -- after registering, you will receive a confirmation email which contains information about attending.
An In-Depth Look at Online Gaming Market in Latin America
Join us on Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 16:00 BDST (08:00 PDT / 17:00 CEST / 23:00 SMT)
- Bernardo Manfredini, Account Manager -- BoaCompra by PagSeguro
The main objective of this webinar is to share all relevant information about why the online gaming market is thriving in Latin America, key numbers, and how to start accepting payments for your Online Game in Latin America.
- To understand the huge opportunity on expanding online games into Latin America
- Know how to localize the experience
- Know how to enable local payments
- Understand the struggles/benefits of the region
How merchants can learn from Patreon's world of content moderation and trust and safety
Join us on Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 07:00 PDT (15:00 BDST / 16:00 CEST / 22:00 SMT)
- Bence Jendruszak, COO -- SEON
- Rick Hiltbrunner, Sr. Manager - Fraud Operations -- Patreon
On their journey to revolutionising art and content monetisation, Patreon stumbled on some serious challenges affecting online marketplaces all over the world including, collusion fraud, account takeovers and user anonymity.
In our previous chats they mentioned two key things that seem to be emerging threats that will affect online marketplaces: collusion fraud, where fraudsters convince creators / sellers to accept stolen card payments and split the profit, and an increase in sophisticated account takeovers that target valuable accounts.
In this Solution Spotlight, you will hear from Rick Hiltbrunner, Manager Fraud Operations, Patreon and Bence Jendruszák COO, SEON on how together they overcame these threats and were able to maximise payment acceptance and minimise manual workload on declines.
- Explain the multitude of challenges that arise when you operate some sort of marketplace, or offer services where there is a possibility to cash out.
- Compare the differences between having a "risk" and a "trust and safety" attitude.
- Summarize the problem of collusion which is an increasingly threat to marketplaces, especially in times of economic uncertainty.
Fraud and Identity Theft Victimization
Join us on Thursday, August 19, 2021 at 11:00 PDT (19:00 BDST / 20:00 CEST / August 20 02:00 SMT)
- Rachel Morgan, Statistician -- USDOJ Bureau of Justice Statistics
- Erika Harrell, Statistician -- USDOJ Bureau of Justice Statistics
The National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS) is the nation’s primary source of information on criminal victimization. The data are sponsored by the Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) in the U.S. Department of Justice and collected by the U.S. Census Bureau. Each year, data are obtained from a nationally representative sample of about 250,000 persons age 12 or older living in the United States. The NCVS collects information on nonfatal personal crimes both reported and not reported to police.
The BJS also collects data via supplemental surveys to the NCVS on special topics including financial fraud and identity theft.
This special webinar is Co-Presented by the MRC and the USDOJ Bureau of Justice Statistics. Join Erika Harrell PhD and Rachel Morgan PhD who will discuss the NCVS and two NCVS supplements: the Supplemental Fraud Survey and Identity Theft Supplement.
CPE credit is available for attendees of this webinar.
By completing this educational webinar the learner will be able to:
- Explain identity theft and financial fraud
- Discuss identity theft and financial fraud demographics
- Summarize how these statistics can be applied to the ecommerce customer base
Enterprise Chargebacks and Fraud: SIgns of Growth or Dysfunction?
Join us on Wednesday, August 25, 2021 at 10:00 PDT (18:00 BDST / 19:00 CEST / August 26 01:00 SMT)
- Suresh Dakshina, President & Co-Founder -- Chargeback Gurus
In today's competitive eCommerce landscape, utilizing your customer's direct and indirect dispute feedback is essential to cultivating sustainable revenue channels. At Chargeback Gurus, we believe every chargeback tells a story and the actionable insights these stories provide can help you to streamline your operations across business units, optimize your ROI, and increase your customer retention. This session will establish telltale signs growth, dysfunction, and opportunities to convert your revenue losses into profits.
After attending this webinar, the attendee should be able to recognize telltale signs growth, dysfunction, and opportunities to convert your revenue losses into profits.
Detect and Defeat Modern Cyber Attackers
Join us on Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 15:00 BDST (07:00 PDT / 16:00 CEST / 22:00 SMT)
- Chris Fuller, Director, EMEA Solutions Engineering -- Shape Security, Part of F5
Competing for customer loyalty in a digital world is tough. To add to this challenge, security teams must defend the business from motivated adversaries who have evolved their tactics to bypass traditional defenses and evade detection. Any business that operates eCommerce applications or manages user accounts of value is a potential target and the consequences are significant. Credential stuffing and account takeover can result in fraud losses, damaged brand, and other equally disastrous scenarios.
Join Shape Security for this webinar to learn about the new threat landscape and solutions necessary to protect your eCommerce business.
After this webinar attendees should have a better view of modern cyberattacks related to credential stuffing or account takeover, and about the new threat landscape and solutions necessary to protect their eCommerce business. We will cover:
- The different types of automated attacks
- Ways attackers adapt to bypass anti-bot defenses
- How to protect your business from both malicious bots and manual attacks
- How to defeat attackers without introducing friction for real users
MRC members are able to access an archive of recorded webinars and webinar slides as an exclusive member benefit. For more information on the benefits available to MRC members, click here.