The MRC provides complimentary webinars to help eCommerce professionals stay current on relevant fraud, payments, and law enforcement topics. Join us for the following webinars -- after registering, you will receive a confirmation email which contains information about attending.
Charting A Better Chargeback Strategy: How the World of Disputes is Changing
Join us on Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 08:00 Seattle (16:00 Dublin / 17:00 Berlin / 23:00 Singapore / August 11 01:00 Melbourne)
- Joel Siegmund, Director, Business & Market Development -- Ethoca
Join Ethoca as they discuss how merchants and issuers can leverage a digital-first approach to resolve disputes upstream before they ever become a chargeback. Not only will attendees discover industry research and trends, they’ll learn firsthand how they can leverage new tools to minimize the impact fraud and chargebacks have on their business.
Building a Recession-Proof Business Through Effective Transaction Management
Join us on Wednesday, August 24, 2022 at 08:00 Seattle (16:00 Dublin / 17:00 Berlin / 23:00 Singapore / August 25 01:00 Melbourne)
- Suresh Dakshina, President & Co-Founder -- Chargeback Gurus
Financial experts are predicting a recession in the near future. For merchants, that could mean a substantial loss of revenue. That’s why Chargeback Gurus has put together advice from industry leaders and subject-matter experts to help you weather the oncoming storm. Learn how Fortune 500 companies have built recession-proof businesses and how you can use effective transaction management to do the same.
- How to grow your customer base during a recession using insights gained from transactions.
- How to improve customer retention by unlocking hidden sources of customer satisfaction data.
- How to protect your business from the spike in fraud and chargebacks that accompanies any economic downturn.
ATO: How Fraudsters Leverage Established Accounts to Commit Fraud
Join us on Wednesday, August 24, 2022 at 11:00 Seattle (19:00 Dublin / 20:00 Berlin / August 25 02:00 Singapore / 04:00 Melbourne)
- Alexander Hall, Owner -- Dispute Defense Consulting
ATO's (or account takeovers) are not a new method, however these methods have been seen more and more in the last couple years.
What is it?
An "account takeover" is the term applied to the fraud method wherein a unauthorized user gains access to an established account. This is done in many different ways, and with many different intentions in mind.
Why is this valuable to a fraudster?
Different industries offer perks to account holders in different ways. The value of these offerings is what fraudsters are after.
Once an ATO exploit has proven successful, the method becomes a standard operation for identity criminals until it no longer works.
Who does it affect?
Depending on the type of account, the affected entity will change:
- Bank accounts will be drained over time, but the true account holder can report that losses and recover funds. Conversely, crypto accounts are not as forgiving.
- Merchant account profiles that are used to process stolen payment information will affect the merchant by way of chargebacks.
Now, the Prevention Strategy
Data is your friend when seeking to identify ATOs early on.
Expansive datasets include PII, Biometrics, Behavioral Analytics, Device Fingerprinting and more.
After attending this webinar, attendees will learn why ATO is valuable to fraudsters, how ATO works, who ATO affects, and how to prevent ATO with online identity.
Mastercard Identity Check and Enhancements in Connected Commerce Experiences
Join us on Wednesday, September 7, 2022 at 15:00 Singapore (00:00 Seattle / 08:00 Dublin / 09:00 Berlin / 17:00 Melbourne)
- Gautam Pande, Director, Product Management -- Mastercard
With the upcoming 3DS1 decommission planned in Oct’22, it’s important for merchants to plan their authentication strategy to not just process EMV 3DS transactions but optimize the entire payment experience.
To find out, join Gautam Pande – Director, Product Management, Identity Solutions at Mastercard to provide key considerations ahead of the 3DS1 Decommission & share updates of the Identity Check platform to enable seamless digital commerce.
- Find out what to expect after the decommission date
- Be able to understand key changes in EMV 3DS 2.2
- Understand Mastercard’s Smart Authentication Platform
- Preview the Identity Check Express and the customer journey
MRC members are able to access an archive of recorded webinars and webinar slides as an exclusive member benefit. For more information on the benefits available to MRC members, click here.