The MRC provides complimentary webinars to help eCommerce professionals stay current on relevant fraud, payments, and law enforcement topics. Join us for the following webinars -- after registering, you will receive a confirmation email which contains information about attending.
Understanding A2A and the shifting payments landscape
Join us on Wednesday, October 27, 2021 at 10:00 Seattle (18:00 Dublin / 19:00 Berlin / October 28 01:00 Singapore / 04:00 Melbourne)
- Lily Krakowsky, Senior Product Marketing Manager -- GoCardless
- Siamac Rezaiezadeh, Director, Product Marketing -- GoCardless
Driven by investments in new and existing payment rails, open banking, and Gen Z consumers demonstrating a clear preference for safer, faster payment methods, account-to-account (A2A) payments have the potential to supersede card payments as consumers’ and businesses’ preferred payment method. But what exactly are A2A payments, what benefits do they offer organizations, and why are they on the rise now?
Join GoCardless as we cover: What account-to-account payments are, the pain points they address for your business, how they work, and why your organization needs to incorporate them into your payment strategy. We’ll also be discussing the latest global market trends and shift in payment preferences, the social trends and consumer behaviour that is driving change - including the death of cards - and the core value of the A2A ecosystem.
Upon completion of the webinar, the attendee should be able to:
- Define account-to-account payments and the role of national payment rails
- Discuss the overall value proposition of account-to-account payments
- Understand how to incorporate A2A payments into your organization’s payments strategy
Accelerating Transactions Through Trust
Join us on Wednesday, October 27, 2021 at 11:00 Seattle (19:00 Dublin / 20:00 Berlin / October 28 02:00 Singapore / 05:00 Melbourne)
- Tom Pak, Chief Revenue Officer -- Pipl
This Solution Spotlight webinar will describe the role of trust in ecommerce retailers' order/transaction review processes. The content will first outline why viewing declined orders through the lens of trust—rather than fraud—has a significant impact in accelerating transactions, reducing false declines, and improving customer satisfaction.
The webinar will demonstrate how to identify trusted transactions using Pipl VERIFY. It will also include short interviews with Pipl customers who have adopted a trust approach and describe their results and the impact to their organizations.
After attending this webinar, viewers will be able to apply the concept of trust to their own review processes and understand how Pipl VERIFY makes it easy to quickly operationalize trust for improving review outcomes.
Hybrid Customers and Hybrid Attacks: What’s Going On?
Join us on Wednesday, November 3, 2021 at 09:00 Seattle (16:00 Dublin / 17:00 Berlin / November 4 00:00 Singapore / 03:00 Melbourne)
- Dave Senci, Vice President, Product Development -- Mastercard
It used to be simple: Consumers interacted either offline or online. Attacks were either automated or by a human. It’s not quite like that anymore.
Thanks to the recent digital acceleration, users have more ways to interact now than ever before; accessing more services and, in doing so, combining online and offline activities. However, attacks have also evolved, blurring the divide between scripted and human attacks and using multiple placements as part of the same scheme to stay under the radar of most security tools.
Join us to understand what’s going on in the new digital landscape by looking at trends and attacks within the NuData network. Learn how to apply the findings to your own platform to be ready for this new post-pandemic reality.
- Consumers are evolving into a hybrid consumer that interacts combining offline and online services for the same event.
- Attacks are combining automation and human work as well as multiple placements as part of one single attack.
- How to leverage behavioral tools to have different placements protected as well as give a better experience to consumers who interact across non-traditional placements.
Unfinished Fraud Business
Join us on Wednesday, November 3, 2021 at 14:00 Singapore (November 2 23:00 Seattle / November 3 06:00 Dublin / 07:00 Berlin / 17:00 Melbourne)
- Namrata Jolly, General Manager, Head of Asia Pacific -- Callsign
- Alan Chan, Chief Risk Officer -- Lazada
- Martyna Lazar, Head of Risk & Compliance, APAC -- Adyen
- Aurelie Saada, APAC Risk Lead -- Microsoft
A panel of experts from Adyen, Lazada, Callsign and Microsoft will share the latest trends in e-commerce fraud in APAC and risk strategy optimisation ideas at the eve of shopping season.
- Recent trends in e-commerce fraud - what did we observe in the industry in the past few months?
- New technologies developed to fight fraud.
- Are you ready for the shopping season?
Beyond Borders: Approving Good Customers from Anywhere
Join us on Wednesday, November 3, 2021 at 15:00 Dublin (08:00 Seattle / 16:00 Berlin / 23:00 Singapore / November 4 02:00 Melbourne)
- Anthony Mannino, Director of Account Management, EMEA -- Ekata
When your online merchant marketplace is growing, so too does its global reach. With that growth comes the potential for risk. How do you know if an individual might be a fraudster in a country where you normally don’t operate? Do you just deny any purchase or create barriers that hinder fraud but also curb good customer transactions?
During this webinar, Anthony Mannino, Director of Partnerships, EMEA at Ekata, will examine this situation for EMEA businesses looking to expand their profits while decreasing their potential for fraud, theft, or governmental penalties
At the end of the webinar, attendees will:
- Learn the latest best practices used to approve more good customers
- Offer a path to finding the right level of friction for your customers' transactions
- A checklist to enable businesses to apply risk when appropriate.
How Does Payment Orchestration Optimise Conversion and Reduce Costs at Every Point Along the Payment Journey?
Join us on Wednesday, November 10, 2021 at 14:00 Dublin (06:00 Seattle / 15:00 Berlin / 22:00 Singapore / November 11 01:00 Melbourne)
- Kieran Mongey, Sr Principal Solution Consultant -- ACI Worldwide
Payment orchestration strategies help merchants maximize conversion rates, reduce operational costs, increase speed to market, and enable global coverage. In this session we will look at ways to streamlining connectivity into multiple payment partners, optimize routing rules/decisioning, enhance cost savings (e.g., reduced authorization and chargeback costs), improve checkout conversion and improve fraud-prevention processes.
- How to create a frictionless customer experience
- The benefits of one integration (RESTful API)
- Smart dynamic routing
- Customer profiling
- Offering the right payment methods
- The importance of integrating fraud into your overall solution
The State of Account Security in 2021: A Data Deep Dive
Join us on Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 10:00 Seattle (18:00 Dublin / 19:00 Berlin / November 18 02:00 Singapore / 05:00 Melbourne)
- Julianne Rose, Senior Product Marketing Manager -- Arkose Labs
- Dave Stufflebeam, Solutions Engineer Team Lead -- Arkose Labs
As digital accounts have taken their place at the epicenter of business, account security needs to be a stronger focus of digital fraud prevention strategies. Customer accounts have become the prime target for fraud in 2021, with credential stuffing, account takeovers, and fake account creation accounting for 2/3 of attacks and paving the way for significant downstream abuse.
Arkose Labs analyzed over 14 billion annual transactions across the Arkose Labs global network to uncover this year’s top fraud attack patterns businesses need to monitor to keep users protected. Join us for The State of Account Security in 2021: A Data Deep Dive, which will feature insights and analysis into the most common attacks across user accounts, including account takeover attacks, credential stuffing, fake account signups, bonus abuse, micro-deposit fraud, and more.
After attending the webinar, participants should be able to identify:
- The top fraud trends surrounding customer accounts in 2021.
- The most common attack patterns across industries.
- Strategies and tactics to help businesses transition from fraud mitigation to deterrence.
Fraud and Payment Authentication Optimization Management – Auspaynet and Global Best Practices – Decision Steps
Join us on Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 14:00 Melbourne (November 16 19:00 Seattle / November 17 03:00 Dublin / 04:00 Berlin / 11:00 Singapore)
- Craig Jones, Principal Risk Analyst -- ACI Worldwide
- Stefan Ellis, Principal Account Executive -- ACI Worldwide
This webinar aims to give an overview of the current scenario of the Online Merchants industry and the statistic of fraud. It will highlight the missing link and what the Merchants need to do. It will share the various measures being taken by AusPaynet and Best Practices. It will outline the importance of Authentication tools, the role of Australian payment councils Trust ID and difference of pre and post risk-based authentication 3DS 2.0 role out.
By the end of the webinar, the attendee should be able to:
- Describe the importance of adopting a multi-layered approach
- Explain the use of multiple tools and technologies and flexibility strategy by channels and payment methods inc international
- Discuss the importance of risk based authentication tool
- Describe when to implement 3DS 2.0
- Explain the role of the Australian payments Council and the Trust ID framework
How Europe prefers to pay
Join us on Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 13:00 Dublin (05:00 Seattle / 14:00 Berlin / 21:00 Singapore / November 25 00:00 Melbourne)
- Jan Florian Richard, Director Global Strategic Partnerships & Innovations -- Arvato Financial Solutions
- Adrian Burgess, Strategic Growth Manager EMEA -- PPRO
Payment behavior: 35% bought for the first time from a smaller retailer they didn’t know yet.
Over the last few years, we have seen that consumers are increasingly turning to new payment methods. Anyone who wants to establish themselves in e-commerce and be part of the game have to understand what consumers want and how they prefer to pay. Those who recognize the trend early will have a significant competitive advantage. The issue is how to transform insights into practice?
In their joint E-Commerce Payment Report 2021 with PPRO, they show you what you need to know about current payment trends in e-commerce and why local payment methods in particular are so important.
You will also learn how to equip your shopping system with the right payment heroes quickly and easily, making it fit for the future.
- European payment preferences per country
MRC members are able to access an archive of recorded webinars and webinar slides as an exclusive member benefit. For more information on the benefits available to MRC members, click here.