The Payment Essentials course is a foundational program that provides an in-depth introduction to the payments landscape. Tailored for professionals in the online retail sector, you’ll learn about the roles of payment stakeholders, payment processes, and the diverse range of payment methods. Gain crucial insights into chargebacks, interchange fees, and payment laws, regulations, and standards. Learn to navigate and prioritize best practices in the payments industry while staying current with the latest advancements in payment technologies and emerging trends. This course is a must for those aiming to master the essentials of payment operations in the fast-paced world of eCommerce.
Who Should Enroll?
- eCommerce payment professionals who need a comprehensive understanding of the payment landscape.
- Fraud prevention specialists seeking to understand how payment processes intersect with fraud risks.
- Financial analysts responsible for evaluating and managing financial operations in retail, including understanding chargebacks and interchange fees.
- Compliance officers ensuring that eCommerce operations adhere to payment laws, regulations, and standards.
- This course may also benefit online retail business owners, customer service representatives, IT and security professionals, and marketing and sales professionals in eCommerce.
- Recognize payment concepts
- Identify key payment stakeholders
- Outline the key payment processes and ecosystem
- Compare payment methods
- Recognize chargebacks and interchange fees
- Differentiate between payment laws, regulations, and standards
- Select payment best practices
- Identify payment trends
- Program Level: Basic
- Program Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- Program Delivery Method: QAS Self Study
- CPE Credits: 3.5
- Advanced Preparation and/or Pre-requisites: None
- Pricing: USD $450 (plus applicable taxes) | MRC Members receive a 50% discount on all eLearning courses.
Please allow approx. 4 hours to complete this course. The course culminates with a comprehensive final assessment to evaluate the user's comprehension of the material. Upon successfully completing the final assessment, participants will be awarded a certificate of completion and CPE credits representing their proficiency in the subject matter.
CPE credits can be applied toward industry certifications such as the Certified Payments and Fraud Prevention Professional (CPFPP) and the Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE).