The Merchant Risk Council (MRC) was founded in 2000 by a small group of merchants with a common desire to meaningfully address issues arising from an increase in eCommerce fraud. The MRC is a growing not-for-profit 501(c)6 organization. The MRC promotes coordinated efforts of the largest eCommerce organizations to support and improve online payments for merchants, solution providers, consumers, and other stakeholders.
The MRC currently offers US, European, APAC and LATAM centric programs and services and leads industry networking, education, benchmarking and advocacy programs. Since its inception, it has grown into a global organization with over 700 members consisting of hundreds of the largest brands found online with revenues measured in billions of dollars.
As a Marketing Specialist at the MRC, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the Senior Manager of Events Marketing by contributing to the successful planning and execution of various marketing initiatives related to our events and programs. You will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment, assisting in developing and implementing marketing strategies to drive engagement, awareness, and attendance at our events.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Depends on experience and skills
Work Location: Remote/U.S. (Preference given to CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, MA, MT, NM, OH, OK, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA)
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate closely with the Senior Manager of Events Marketing to plan, organize, and execute marketing campaigns for MRC conferences, webinars, and summits.
- Collaborate closely with Creative Services to design engaging and personalized graphics, identify target audiences, and work with Content Marketing to review personalized content and messaging for different
- Assist in managing and monitoring events content across our digital marketing channels, including social media platforms, email marketing, and online advertising campaigns.
- Maintain and update events marketing content and campaign calendars to ensure the timely and consistent delivery of marketing materials.
- Conduct market research to gather insights on industry trends, customer preferences, and competitor activities, informing our events marketing strategies.
- Analyze marketing data and metrics, track events campaign performance, and provide recommendations for enhancement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Creative Services, Events, Content Marketing, Conference Programming, and Membership, to ensure alignment of event marketing materials and messages
with company goals.
- Collaborate with the creative team to design visually appealing graphics and promotional materials that align with the event's branding and messaging.
- Maintain and update event-related content on our website and other digital platforms.
- Provide administrative support to the Marketing team, which includes scheduling meetings, managing budgets, organizing marketing materials, and coordinating the ordering of promotional and printed
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Exceptional ability to convey ideas clearly and effectively through written and verbal communication.
- Proficiency in using digital marketing tools and platforms such as HubSpot, Salesforce, Google Ads, and LinkedIn to execute marketing campaigns and analyze performance
- Adept at organizing tasks, setting priorities, and efficiently managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Possesses a data-driven and analytical mindset, with a sharp eye for detail to interpret marketing metrics and make informed decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and efficiently in a remote setting while maintaining productivity and meeting deadlines.
- Prior experience in marketing or coordination roles is advantageous, showcasing your familiarity with marketing processes and strategies.
- Holds certifications in marketing-related fields, indicating a commitment to professional development and staying current with industry best practices and trends.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible remote schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development budget annually
- International safety protocols will be required to be followed.
- MRC has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees required to travel are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (two vaccinations and a booster), unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.