The Merchant Risk Council (MRC) was founded in 2000 by a small group of merchants with a common desire to meaningfully address issues arising from an increase in eCommerce fraud. The MRC is a growing not-for-profit 501(c)6 organization. The MRC promotes coordinated efforts of the largest eCommerce organizations to support and improve online payments for merchants, solution providers, consumers, and other stakeholders.
The MRC currently offers US, European, APAC and LATAM centric programs and services and leads industry networking, education, benchmarking and advocacy programs. Since its inception, it has grown into a global organization with over 700 members consisting of hundreds of the largest brands found online with revenues measured in billions of dollars.
We are searching for a temporary Marketing Specialist with 3-5 years of prior marketing experience to join our dynamic Marketing team. This role presents a unique chance to contribute to our marketing efforts, with the potential for a permanent position based on performance and organizational needs. Reporting to the Manager, Content Marketing, you will play a crucial role in the successful execution of marketing initiatives and campaigns.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: Depends on experience and skills
Work Location: Remote/U.S. (Preference given to CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, MA, MT, NM, OH, OK, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA)
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Content Creation and Management:
- Develop and edit marketing content, including blog posts, email copy, LinkedIn posts, and collateral, aligning with our brand voice
- Oversee our LinkedIn presence, crafting engaging content, utilizing hashtags strategically, and actively engaging with our member Slack community to boost
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Generate and present regular reports on marketing campaign performance, including key metrics and insights.
- Conduct basic keyword research to enhance content discoverability.
- Manage email and social campaigns from creation to execution, ensuring quality and monitoring results.
- Manage end-to-end email, social, and SMS campaign production, from content creation, basic HTML editing, and copywriting to QA, strategic execution, and monitoring email and social results.
Collaboration and Coordination:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather information for marketing initiatives.
- Work closely with the Marketing Operations Manager and Content Marketing Manager to oversee the day-to-day execution of highly targeted email campaigns and ensure best-in-class management of digital initiatives
Skill Development and Knowledge Enhancement:
- Stay updated with industry trends, emerging marketing technologies, and best practices to continually enhance marketing efforts.
Content and Calendar Management:
- Maintain and update marketing content and campaign calendars of events to ensure the timely and consistent delivery of marketing materials.
- Provide administrative support to the Marketing team, which includes scheduling meetings, managing budgets, organizing marketing materials, and coordinating the ordering of promotional and printed items.
- Build and maintain email marketing campaigns within an automation system.
- Conduct A/B tests on subject lines and content to continuously improve email campaign performance.
- Work with the Marketing Managers to ensure proper email segmentations and compliance with privacy laws.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 Years of Marketing Experience: Prior experience in marketing or coordination roles is advantageous, showcasing familiarity with marketing processes and strategies. B2B marketing experience is a plus
- Content Creation Skills: Proficient in crafting and editing content across various platforms.
- Basic Data Analysis: Experienced in using analytics tools to measure and enhance campaign performance.
- Marketing Automation Knowledge: Familiar with marketing automation platforms.
- Creative Content Expertise: Capable of creating visually appealing and engaging content.
- Effective Social Media Management: Proficiently manages and maintains social media profiles.
- Proficiency in Digital Marketing Tools: Skilled in using tools such as HubSpot, Salesforce, Google Ads, and LinkedIn for campaign execution and performance analysis.
- Exceptional Communication Skills: Possesses the ability to convey ideas clearly through written and verbal communication.
- Strong Organizational Skills: Adept at organizing tasks, setting priorities, and efficiently managing multiple projects.
- Data-Driven and Analytical Mindset: Demonstrates a sharp eye for detail to interpret marketing metrics and make informed decisions.
- Independent Work Capability: Proven ability to work efficiently in a remote setting, meeting deadlines and maintaining productivity.
- International safety protocols will be required to be followed.
- MRC has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees required to travel are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (two vaccinations and a booster), unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.