AAB/EAB/APAC/LATAM AB Roles and Responsibilities
- As an MRC Advisory Board member, you are a volunteer. Members of the MRC Advisory Boards provide input on all MRC programs and operations in their respective regions (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, LatAm) and are considered guides for the MRC organization. MRC Advisors are vital to the MRC for their connections, network, experience, and industry expertise.
- The MRC Advisory Boards facilitate learning, connecting, and contribution. If the MRC is successful in its recruitment, orientation, and management of the Advisory Boards, you will not only achieve satisfaction from advancing the MRC mission, but will also grow professionally.
- MRC Advisory Boards meet bi-monthly (6 times per year). Meetings are mainly held Online with at least one in-person meeting held in a central location to the related Advisory Board.
- MRC Advisors are encouraged to participate in at least one other MRC Committee and to include colleagues in their company in MRC programs or committees.
- Advisors will spend a minimum of five hours per month on MRC matters such as attending meetings and committees etc.
- Advisors are asked to attend the MRC conferences in their region (conferences are generally twice per year.).
- Both Merchant and Solution Provider Advisors are encouraged to recruit merchants to join the MRC.
- Advisors are expected to define program goals and performance indicators for their respective region in conjunction with the Global Board of Directors' plans for each fiscal year.
Applicants' eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must reside in Europe for the EAB, in North America for the AAB, Asia-Pacific region for the APAC Advisory Board and LATAM or Miami for the LATAM Advisory.
- Applicants must be employed by an active MRC merchant member company or an active MRC solution provider member company.
- If applying for a Solution Provider board seat, applicants must first seek approval from their employer, to upgrade their membership to Elite status in the event they are elected.
- If applying for a Merchant board seat, applicants must be employed by a Platinum MRC member or ensure their employer is prepared to upgrade to Platinum Member status./li>
- Candidates must be willing and available to serve a term of two years
- Candidates must be willing to attend approximately 6 meetings a year (2 in person)
- Appointed candidates agree to sign the MRC Conflict of Interest Policy
Advisory Board Benefits:
Elite Advisors: Details for Elite Members are included in the Elite Member agreement and include access to member-only events and forums, as well as recognition throughout the term, plus discounts at events and the ability to shape programs in their region.
Merchant Advisors: Participate in the creation and delivery of long-term strategies for the region, guide policy and program decisions with the Global Board of Directors, and benefit professionally from exposure to emerging industry trends and greater connections to high profile merchants and industry experts.