Navigate the complexities of secure online transactions with our EMV 3DS Authentication Essentials course, designed for eCommerce payments and fraud prevention professionals. This introductory course offers a thorough understanding of EMV 3-D Secure (EMV 3DS) authentication and how it works to bolster online transaction security. You will explore the 3DS ecosystem, including how it works, why it is needed, the stakeholders involved, and relevant technologies. Then, dive into specifics of the EMV 3DS messaging protocol, its creation rationale, operational mechanics, and how it leverages region-specific authentication requirements and device-dependent identification technologies to create secure transactions. By learning the benefits and best practices of 3DS, you will position yourself to better understand and effectively manage secure digital commerce.
Who Should Enroll?
- eCommerce payment managers who need to ensure transaction security and compliance in online retail.
- Fraud prevention specialists, especially those focusing on online and digital transactions.
- Compliance officers in digital payments ensuring that digital payment processes adhere to the latest security standards and regulatory requirements.
- The course may also be beneficial to online retail business owners, financial security analysts, and IT and security professionals.
- Recognize why authentication matters
- Identify benefits of 3DS
- Outline the 3DS ecosystem
- Identify best practices of 3DS
- Recognize global mandates and regulatory standards
- Program Level: Basic
- Program Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- Program Delivery Method: QAS Self Study
- CPE Credits: 1.0
- Advanced Preparation and/or Pre-requisites: None
- Pricing: USD $150 (plus applicable taxes) | MRC Members receive a 50% discount on all eLearning courses.
Please allow approx. 1.5 hours to complete this course. The course culminates with a comprehensive final assessment to evaluate the user's comprehension of the material. Upon successfully completing the final assessment, participants will be awarded a certificate of completion and CPE credits representing their proficiency in the subject matter.
CPE credits can be applied toward industry certifications such as the Certified Payments and Fraud Prevention Professional (CPFPP) and the Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE).