In today's digital age, where eCommerce platforms thrive, so does the risk of online fraud. Understanding the foundations of online fraud is crucial whether you're dealing with credit card fraud, marketplace fraud, or first-party misuse (aka friendly fraud). The MRC Fraud Essentials course is a self-paced program that explores the intricacies of online fraud, its perpetrators, and the role of fraud analysts. By the end of the course, you will have a strong foundation in navigating the complex world of online fraud!
Who Should Enroll?
- Fraud specialists starting in the fraud analysis and prevention field.
- Fraud analysts staying current on the latest industry standards.
- eCommerce professionals looking to enhance their store's security and customer trust.
- Payments professionals aiming to upgrade their fraud knowledge.
- Define online fraud
- Identify types of fraudsters
- Categorize types of online fraud attacks
- Understand the nuances of marketplace fraud
- Analyze how fraudsters use address manipulation techniques
- Define social engineering attacks and victim assisted fraud
- Categorize types of customer fraud
- Identify the role of a fraud analyst and the techniques used to evaluate fraud
- Program Level: Basic
- Program Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- Program Delivery Method: QAS Self Study
- CPE Credits: 3.6
- Advanced Preparation and/or Pre-requisites: None
- Pricing: USD $450 (plus applicable taxes) | MRC Members receive a 50% discount on all eLearning courses.
Please allow approx. 4 hours to complete this course. The course culminates with a comprehensive final assessment to evaluate the user's comprehension of the material. Upon successfully completing the final assessment, participants will be awarded a certificate of completion and CPE credits representing their proficiency in the subject matter.
CPE credits can be applied towards industry certifications such as the Certified Payments and Fraud Prevention Professional (CPFPP) and the Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE).