Enhance your eCommerce operations with our Preventing and Fighting Common Chargebacks for Merchants course, designed for payment and fraud prevention professionals. This intermediate-level, self-paced training offers a deep dive into the world of chargebacks, a critical issue in online retail. Understand the significant impacts of chargebacks on merchants, learn about risk factors that increase chargeback rates, especially in high-risk industries, and explore effective merchant tools for prevention. The course includes a detailed exploration of types of chargebacks, strategies for deciding when to fight or accept them, and techniques for representment with compelling evidence. Key focus areas include preventing and combating fraud-related chargebacks, handling canceled recurring transactions, dealing with cancellations of merchandise/services, addressing declined authorizations, and ensuring fulfillment of merchandise/service obligations.
Who Should Enroll?
- eCommerce payment managers who need to manage chargebacks effectively.
- Fraud prevention specialists requiring in-depth knowledge of chargebacks.
- Chargeback specialists looking for the best techniques to prevent and fight common chargebacks.
- Online retail business owners seeking to reduce the impact of chargebacks on their business.
- This course may also benefit financial analysts, customer service managers, risk and compliance officers, and eCommerce consultants.
- Define the four main impacts that chargebacks have on merchants
- Identify risk factors that can increase a merchant's chargeback rate
- Examine how these risk factors contribute to chargebacks in high-risk industries
- Distinguish common tools used by merchants to prevent chargebacks
- Categorize types of chargebacks
- Determine which factors to consider when deciding whether to fight or accept a chargeback
- Examine types of evidence that can be included in a chargeback representment
- Outline how to prevent and fight the following types of chargebacks:
- Cancelled Recurring
- Cancelled Merchandise/Services
- Declined Authorization
- Merchandise/Service Not Provided
- Program Level: Intermediate
- Program Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- Program Delivery Method: QAS Self Study
- CPE Credits: 2.5
- Advanced Preparation and/or Pre-requisites: Chargeback Essentials is recommended
- Pricing: USD $300 (plus applicable taxes) | MRC Members receive a 50% discount on all eLearning courses.
Please allow approx. 3 hours to complete this course. The course culminates with a comprehensive final assessment to evaluate the user's comprehension of the material. Upon successfully completing the final assessment, participants will be awarded a certificate of completion and CPE credits representing their proficiency in the subject matter.
CPE credits can be applied toward industry certifications such as the Certified Payments and Fraud Prevention Professional (CPFPP) and the Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE).