Fraud & Risk
The MRC Career Survey 2020
The MRC surveyed its members to understand the current state of careers across the global Payments and Fraud sectors.
Key takeaways include:
- Age does not determine the level at which you can work in an organization. Those between 20 and 30 years of age are working from analyst level all the way up to VP and Director level, while those over 50 years report working in every role from entry level to CEO.
- The majority of respondents, across all levels, are earning between $65k and $90k. 18% earn more than $175k.
- Women do better in roles paying between the $22k -$100k bracket in manager/ supervisor roles.
- Remuneration versus company type -the majority of those working for solution provider companies are earning $44k -$80k, the next highest earners in this category earn $175k+.
- The highest earners in merchant organisations earn between $65k and $90k. 15% earn $175k+.
- More women than men aspire to attain a leadership/ senior management role.
- Half of respondents are happy in their roles and have met their career expectations. The other half wishes to continue their career growth. This is across all age groups. Those who are content in more junior roles tend to prioritise a good work/ lifebalance.