Acceleration of Digital Payments and Commerce
A panel of experts from Microsoft, Gojek and Callsign discuss the emerging Trends and Challenges in Digital Payments and Commerce in APAC
Some content is hidden, to be able to see it login here Login
Host a Webinar with the MRC
Publish Your Document with the MRC
The exploitation of merchant policies has become a growing global problem, with significant impacts on customers' experiences and the bottom line. In a recent survey, nearly half of U.S. shoppers admitted to taking advantage of retailers' policies to obtain goods through fraudulent returns, wardrobing, coupon fraud, and more.
Guest speaker, Andras Cser, VP and Principal Analyst at Forrester, joins Tasneen Padiath, VP Sales & GM, for Riskified APAC and Eyal Elazar, Riskified's Policy Domain Expert, to discuss this growing and costly trend.
We'll take a close look at:
- The differences between card-not-present (CNP) fraud and policy abuse (e.g., return and refund fraud, item-not-received claims, and promotional fraud)
- The long-term threats of unaddressed return fraud and policy exploitation
- Leveraging technology and data-driven insights to implement an identity-centric solution
- Finding the right solutions and partners to safeguard your business
As technology and fraud techniques advance, businesses need to move beyond traditional fraud detection techniques and incorporate user behavioral features to boost accuracy. In this double presentation, Agoda and Booking.com will share how they leverage behavioral features to detect fraud in the travel industry. Agoda will explore the process of generating behavioral features, the technology behind incorporating them into machine learning models, and some of the techniques used to amplify the difference between fraudulent and non-fraudulent behavior. Booking.com will share their approach to detecting fraudulent hotel listings, which includes a multi-stage machine learning system that monitors the behavior of new hotels as they onboard onto the platform . The models monitor hotel actions from the early stages of signup up until the hotel is live on the website and interacting with guests.
This presentation discusses the variety of markets included in APAC, how to prioritize efforts in the region, and common barriers that merchants and solution providers face. We will be sharing vital "war stories" and keys to success you won't want to miss if you considering expansion into this region.
As vertical software vendors and platforms continue to embed financial services into their platforms, these businesses are becoming increasingly responsible for supporting products and services outside of their core products and operations. Even with the help of partners that provide these services, businesses often have to adapt their organization through new roles and responsibilities, processes, and policies to enable use cases and areas of focus like payment facilitation, risk mitigation, compliance, card issuance, and lending. This presentation will draw from platforms that have embedded financial services as well as select technology providers that provide the technology.
- Highlights the ways in which Southeast Asia is poised to be at the forefront of growth and innovation over the next few decades.
- Showcases how digital transformation has become a top priority in a post-pandemic world, and how this is expected to pave the way for innovation in sectors such as digital payments
- Explores the ways regulatory authorities have helped to foster a thriving scene and continue to be essential in powering eCommerce / digital payments growth
Ultimately, in the world of payments, success depends on human factors, like how consumers perceive and respond to risk, reward and effort.
Against this backdrop, Token surveyed over 1,000 people across Europe about the attitudes, preferences and behaviours shaping their financial and digital lives.
Token presents: "Who Will Pay by Bank" a data-driven look at the human element that will fuel the future of open banking payments.
A glimpse into this report:
- Learn which consumers are paying by bank today and where will we see demand tomorrow
- Discover the behaviours and opportunities that could support continued uptake of account-to-account (A2A) payments
- Understand how consumers in Europe perceive the benefits of A2A payments and other payment methods on a country-by-country basis
- Uncover how consumers understand open banking's evolving role in their lives
- Read commentary from the Open Banking Implementation Entity, Open Banking Expo, American Express, Ban
In November 2022, the second How Southeast Asia Buys and Pays 2022 Report was published.
With the upcoming 3DS1 decommission planned in Oct’22, it’s important for merchants to plan their authentication strategy to not just process EMV 3DS transactions but optimize the entire payment experience.
To find out, join Gautam Pande – Director, Product Management, Identity Solutions at Mastercard to provide key considerations ahead of the 3DS1 Decommission & share updates of the Identity Check platform to enable seamless digital commerce
- Find out what to expect after the decommission date
- Be able to understand key changes in EMV 3DS 2.2
- Understand Mastercard’s Smart Authentication Platform
- Preview the Identity Check Express and the customer journey
How well does your fraud performance stack up against the latest global performance metrics? And what new fraud trends and tactics should be on your priority list?
In this webinar, Merchant Risk Council’s VP of Programs and Technology Tracy Kobeda Brown, Cybersource - Principal of Managed Risk Services, APAC Zhuo Qijuan (CJ) and Verifi Head of International Merchant Sales and Business Development Gabe McGloin will explore the answers to these important questions, by diving into key findings and results from the recently launched 2022 Payments and Fraud Report.
Join us to hear these three fraud experts:
Discuss what the report’s latest fraud and payment metrics and benchmarks mean—and how you can use them to evaluate and improve your own fraud programs and strategies.
Provide new insights into the full business impact of fraud and how you can better protect your organization.
Share the latest on which new payment methods are gaining the most traction in different parts of the world—and what social and economic factors are driving their adoption.
Don’t miss this chance to learn more about today’s global fraud landscape—and what it means for your business.
False positives down, revenue up! Learn from an Experian fraud expert how machine learning strengthens fraud prevention, reduces false positives, and leads to new revenues.
Fraud prevention is one of the most exciting areas in commerce. However, it is also challenging to core business functions. This webinar will present how modern fraud prevention becomes more efficient through machine learning models and how this results in new revenue potential.
By participating in this webinar, the learner should be able to understand:
- State-of-the-art fraud prevention methods and current fraud figures
- How machine learning supports fraud prevention
- Why companies should rely on smart fraud prevention with machine learning models
This whitepaper begins with a snapshot of PSD2 and summarizes the directive's main changes, focusing on SCA. After highlighting how SCA will affect financial services companies, the paper examines how biometrics can meet SCA requirements while avoiding unnecessary friction. The document concludes with an overview of Nuance's biometrics solutions.