Open Banking and New Payment Interactions PSD2 Will Make Possible Between Consumers and Merchants
Open banking involves granting access and control of consumer banking and financial accounts through third-party application programming interfaces, or APIs. In this presentation, PPRO and NortonLifeLock explain what this important provision of the Payment Services Directive, PSD2, is as well as anticipated advantages and challenges of both PSD2 and the Strong Customer Authentication mandate. The deck closes with thoughts on potential services of the future open banking -- and later, open data -- may bring to fruition.
Some content is hidden, to be able to see it login here Login
There are no related Events
This MRC Virtual 2022 presentation highlights risks mitigation strategies, the types of fraud merchants may encounter, and provides useful insights into current and future regulations in the crypto space.
This highly educational presentation from subject matter experts explores this process in detail, and is a must read for anyone interested in implementing crypto or the blockchain into their payments stack.
To effectively fight fraud, it’s critical to understand the economic and geographical factors that drive attacks. These include financial factors like currency exchange rates, wages, cost of labor, and more.
This informative MRC Virtual session explores the idea of an Attack Incentive Index, an industry-wide index that effectively combines relevant economic data with known attack patterns to provide a holistic insight into attacker motivation.
As the revised version of the Payments Service Directive (PSD2) continues to impact eCommerce in Europe and beyond, it’s important to carefully examine how merchants and other payments professionals are implementing and adapting to the directive.
This informative presentation explores questions from the European Commission to the Payment Systems Market Expert Group (PSMEG), along with the group’s responses on the various impacts and implementation of PSD2. This document provides useful insights into the status of implementation, including what could be improved going forward.
Also included is a convenient collection of related acronyms for reference.
Ultimately, in the world of payments, success depends on human factors, like how consumers perceive and respond to risk, reward and effort.
Against this backdrop, Token surveyed over 1,000 people across Europe about the attitudes, preferences and behaviours shaping their financial and digital lives.
Token presents: "Who Will Pay by Bank" a data-driven look at the human element that will fuel the future of open banking payments.
A glimpse into this report:
- Learn which consumers are paying by bank today and where will we see demand tomorrow
- Discover the behaviours and opportunities that could support continued uptake of account-to-account (A2A) payments
- Understand how consumers in Europe perceive the benefits of A2A payments and other payment methods on a country-by-country basis
- Uncover how consumers understand open banking's evolving role in their lives
- Read commentary from the Open Banking Implementation Entity, Open Banking Expo, American Express, Ban
How well does your fraud performance stack up against the latest global performance metrics? And what new fraud trends and tactics should be on your priority list?
In this webinar, Merchant Risk Council’s VP of Programs and Technology Tracy Kobeda Brown, Cybersource Managed Risk EMEA Regional Lead Mark Strachan, and Verifi Head of International Merchant Sales and Business Development Gabe McGloin will explore the answers to these important questions, by diving into key findings and results from the recently launched 2022 Payments and Fraud Report.
Join us to hear these three fraud experts:
- Discuss what the report’s latest fraud and payment metrics and benchmarks mean—and how you can use them to evaluate and improve your own fraud programs and strategies.
- Provide new insights into the full business impact of fraud and how you can better protect your organization.
- Share the latest on which new payment methods are gaining the most traction in different parts of the world—and what social and economic factors are driving their adoption.
False positives down, revenue up! Learn from an Experian fraud expert how machine learning strengthens fraud prevention, reduces false positives, and leads to new revenues.
Fraud prevention is one of the most exciting areas in commerce. However, it is also challenging to core business functions. This webinar will present how modern fraud prevention becomes more efficient through machine learning models and how this results in new revenue potential.
By participating in this webinar, the learner should be able to understand:
- State-of-the-art fraud prevention methods and current fraud figures
- How machine learning supports fraud prevention
- Why companies should rely on smart fraud prevention with machine learning models
Join the MRC and Cybersource for an in-depth exploration of fraud patterns in the diverse European eCommerce market.
This informative webinar will provide an overview of findings pulled from the 2021 Global Fraud Survey, based on data gathered from a wide variety of respondents throughout Europe. It will also provide a detailed analysis of fraud patterns unique to this market and explore how merchants are faring with PSD2 implementation.
The findings from this fraud survey are critical to understanding the state of eCommerce fraud management in Europe and beyond.
- The substantial impact of COVID-19 on fraud rates in the region
- How Europe’s fraud rates compare to merchants in other regions
- Merchant preparedness for PSD2
- Fraud management spending benchmarks
- Region-specific fraud management challenges and KPIs
- Critical key insights
- Manual review trends
- First-party misuse/friendly fraud metrics
- Outsourcing strategies
- Fraud detection tool benchmarks
- Future facing solutions
- Overall key insights
Understanding local fraud patterns in 2021 can help you fight fraud in 2022.
The MRC routinely receives inquiries requesting insight on how a fraud prevention unit can be established at a company from the ground up. In this whitepaper, the MRC, in conjunction with a working group of the MRC Fraud Community, delves into current trends, the regulatory landscape, and how these factors can affect both the role and structure of a fraud prevention group. Accountability and staffing are detailed next, followed by a brief look at training resources. Comprehensive information on common key performance indicators is also included, covering KPIs for chargebacks, risk operations, and fraud analysts. The paper closes with key benchmarking results from the MRC Global Fraud Survey and an appendix on KPI calculations.
Better fraud prevention, all around.
Many organizations rely on two-factor authentication (2FA) using one‑time passcodes (OTPs) sent by Short Message Service (SMS) to authenticate banking and ecommerce transactions. 2FA performed this way can be fast and easy, but SMS wasn’t designed to be a security tool.
Learn how your organization can leverage voice biometrics to protect customers and your brand by building the highest levels of protection, trust and loyalty.
Anyone wishing to enter new e-commerce markets needs to understand how consumers prefer to pay – and offer local payment heroes. This quickly boosts revenues and allows a critical competitive advantage to be achieved. It is also important to recognize new trends early and create solutions.
Thanks to Arvato Financial Solutions' many years of experience in e-commerce, our licenses and our connectivity with an incredibly wide range of payment methods, we reduce the complexity of tapping into new markets for our clients. PPRO – the globally leading provider of local payment infrastructure – stands by our side, helping us with best in class integrations to over 100 local payment methods.
In our E-Commerce Payment Report 2021, we show you what you need to know about current payment trends in e-commerce and why local payment methods in particular are so important. You will also learn how to equip your shopping system with the right payment heroes quickly and easily, making it fit for the future.
In Nethone's Frictionless white paper, you will learn:
- How to reduce checkout friction to maximise your revenue?
- How to manage UX friction associated with PSD2/SCA?
- How to prepare for Transaction Risk Analysis (TRA)
- How to keep your customers happy
- How to achieve all this while effectively combating payment fraud