What's Next for PSD2 SCA and 3DS?
Some content is hidden, to be able to see it login here Login
With the industry anticipating a PSD3 for some time, the European Commission (EC) published, on 28th June, its proposed revisions to the EU Payment Services Directive (PSD2) producing the planned PSD2, and proposals for a Payment Services Regulation (PSR). The proposals can be found here along with several impact assessment documents. The proposals will ensure consumers can make eCommerce payments safely in the EU, both domestically and across border. Better choice for the consumer is also a focus.
On this webinar, we will delve into the proposed changes, what they mean and the impact on the industry.
One size does not fit all. That's the same when we talk about SCA from a merchant perspective. Shoppers are different and each transaction is unique from a security standpoint. In this session we will discuss the outcomes of applying SCA in a selective & optimized way to boost conversion, while minimizing fraud exposure.
In this session from Insparx, attendees will learn how an international dating player has set up their payment infrastructure and payment processes to optimize authorization rates, including payment recycling strategies and 3DS. The session will also present current fraud trends within the subscription business of a dating company and what strategies have applied to mitigate them.
There are no related Surveys
With the industry anticipating a PSD3 for some time, the European Commission (EC) published, on 28 June, its proposed revisions to the EU Payment Services Directive (PSD2) producing the planned PSD2, and proposals for a Payment Services Regulation (PSR). The proposals will ensure consumers can make eCommerce payments safely in the EU, both domestically and across border. Better choice for the consumer is also a focus.
As regulatory oversight aimed at stopping financial fraud rises, the friction generated by identity and credit checks built into customer onboarding processes is causing many consumers to abandon their shopping carts. Consumers expect simple, fast, convenient onboarding.
The situation is forcing you as a business-to-consumer (B2C) business and online retailer to rethink your customer journeys. You need to find a way to put necessary protections in place that yield fast, accurate but simultaneously low friction and invisible checks. At the same time, consumers want to feel their identities and transactions are secure.
Additionally, businesses have implemented “guest check-out” facilities which have enabled them to reduce friction completely at the expense of not knowing who the end consumer is and introducing a higher potential for returns fraud.
This webinar will explore the challenges, solutions, and next steps you can take to resolve these concerns.
- Tackling digital identity challenges faced by businesses in the United Kingdom, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
- Ways to reduce up to 90% of your drop-off during onboarding
- Access to insights on fraudulent transactions and chargebacks and how you can tackle these challenges
- Identify the challenges businesses could face when implementing such strategies
There are dozens of different tools designed to prevent chargebacks. In theory, multiple options should make it easier than ever to keep risk in check. But sometimes, new additions just add to the noise of an already complicated situation.
To help remove the complexities, the Midigator team will give a simplified, easy-to-understand explanation of each of the different tools on the market today.
- Identity verification (AVS, 3D Secure, card security code)
- Prevention alerts (Ethoca alerts, Verifi CDRN)
- Order validation (Visa Order Insight, Mastercard Consumer Clarity)
- Acquirer refunds (Visa RDR, Mastercard Collaboration)
With a detailed understanding of the pros and cons of each technique, you’ll be able to create a strategy that is just right for your business.
- Learn how each of the different prevention solutions work
- Consider pros and cons of each technique
- Understand most relevant KPIs
- Review cases studies for ROI
With the upcoming 3DS1 decommission planned in Oct’22, it’s important for merchants to plan their authentication strategy to not just process EMV 3DS transactions but optimize the entire payment experience.
To find out, join Gautam Pande – Director, Product Management, Identity Solutions at Mastercard to provide key considerations ahead of the 3DS1 Decommission & share updates of the Identity Check platform to enable seamless digital commerce
- Find out what to expect after the decommission date
- Be able to understand key changes in EMV 3DS 2.2
- Understand Mastercard’s Smart Authentication Platform
- Preview the Identity Check Express and the customer journey
In Nethone's Frictionless white paper, you will learn:
- How to reduce checkout friction to maximise your revenue?
- How to manage UX friction associated with PSD2/SCA?
- How to prepare for Transaction Risk Analysis (TRA)
- How to keep your customers happy
- How to achieve all this while effectively combating payment fraud