PSD2: What Merchants Need to Know
Any online retailer doing business in Europe needs to be prepared for the upcoming Payment Services Directive, a sweeping set of regulations intended to create a safer and more integrated market for consumers. A key provision of PSD2 is the requirement of Strong Customer Authentication, or SCA, for the majority of online payments.
In this webinar, SafeCharge and Visa begin by briefly defining SCA and its principles, then explore a timeline detailing deadlines from issuer, acquirer, and merchant standpoints. Exemptions to PSD2 are highlighted next, followed by recommendations to help preserve conversion rates. Six suggested actions and five opportunities round out the conversation, with a Q&A period concluding the broadcast.
Some content is hidden, to be able to see it login here Login
There are no related Events
Buy Now, Pay Later has been hyped tremendously in 2021, and is one of the fastest growing payment trends globally.
This presentation explores the implications of BNPL’s growing popularity for global eCommerce.
Expect to learn:
- What opportunity do these solutions offer, and how can merchants use BNPL to accelerate growth?
- In what geographies and for what industry verticals does BNPL make the most sense?
- Which providers currently exist?
- How does the customer journey differ amongst the various solutions?
- Should whitelable BNPL options be explored, and if so, how?
- Will BNPL be more regulated in the future and what impact will regulation have?
- How can merchants contribute to sustainable consumption so that consumers are not trapped in debt?
To effectively fight fraud, it’s critical to understand the economic and geographical factors that drive attacks. These include financial factors like currency exchange rates, wages, cost of labor, and more.
This informative MRC Virtual session explores the idea of an Attack Incentive Index, an industry-wide index that effectively combines relevant economic data with known attack patterns to provide a holistic insight into attacker motivation.
As we know though, fraudsters also follow trends. They follow the flow of money, and that means more bad actors targeting alternative payment methods.
This MRC Virtual presentation from Jane Lee, Trust and Safety Architect at Sift, assesses and explains the risk factors merchants should consider when accepting cryptocurrency and starting the process of BNPL payment integration.
When it comes to payment costs, there's room for making them more transparent and understandable for all parties.
This presentation explores methods for analyzing payment costs and driving more transparency within the payment cost structure, as well as discussing the question of going local or not; a critical component of the payment cost equation.Finally, the informative document provides perspectives on how costs associated with building state-of-the-art payment systems should be balanced with the gains in auth rates.
Ultimately, in the world of payments, success depends on human factors, like how consumers perceive and respond to risk, reward and effort.
Against this backdrop, Token surveyed over 1,000 people across Europe about the attitudes, preferences and behaviours shaping their financial and digital lives.
Token presents: "Who Will Pay by Bank" a data-driven look at the human element that will fuel the future of open banking payments.
A glimpse into this report:
- Learn which consumers are paying by bank today and where will we see demand tomorrow
- Discover the behaviours and opportunities that could support continued uptake of account-to-account (A2A) payments
- Understand how consumers in Europe perceive the benefits of A2A payments and other payment methods on a country-by-country basis
- Uncover how consumers understand open banking's evolving role in their lives
- Read commentary from the Open Banking Implementation Entity, Open Banking Expo, American Express, Ban
‘Payments orchestration’ emerged as a fintech buzzword in 2019. The market has run with the term to generate funding and sales. However, there remains a lack of consensus on what payments orchestration is and the role it plays in providing end-to-end processing connectivity.
Further complicating matters, each merchant has unique requirements to support their business model, products, and customers. To address this complexity, this white paper reviews requirements, architecture, and delivery estimates for 3 unique merchant use cases.
This whitepaper clarifies the ambiguity around the Payments Orchestration Layer definition and helps readers resolve the buy vs. build conundrum by identifying the requirements to achieve a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and providing effort estimates to achieve MVP.
1. ID most important components of a payments orchestration layer
2. ID decision points for a build vs buy decision
This webinar aims to introduce and explain trends around direct bank transfers as a method enabling consumers to buy products and services from merchants. The webinar will evaluate this rising trend and outline the challenges and opportunities merchants can expect to face when offering this payment method to their customers.
- Merchants to leave with an understanding of the benefits around direct bank transfer
- Merchants to leave with an open mind around considering the option to offer direct bank transfers
How well does your fraud performance stack up against the latest global performance metrics? And what new fraud trends and tactics should be on your priority list?
In this webinar, Merchant Risk Council’s VP of Programs and Technology Tracy Kobeda Brown, Cybersource Managed Risk EMEA Regional Lead Mark Strachan, and Verifi Head of International Merchant Sales and Business Development Gabe McGloin will explore the answers to these important questions, by diving into key findings and results from the recently launched 2022 Payments and Fraud Report.
Join us to hear these three fraud experts:
- Discuss what the report’s latest fraud and payment metrics and benchmarks mean—and how you can use them to evaluate and improve your own fraud programs and strategies.
- Provide new insights into the full business impact of fraud and how you can better protect your organization.
- Share the latest on which new payment methods are gaining the most traction in different parts of the world—and what social and economic factors are driving their adoption.
Latin America has a growing base of online consumers (high internet and smartphone penetration across the region) and is amongst the most important regions for streaming services and social media worldwide. Cross border e-commerce is also growing strongly due to the fast expansion of marketplaces that allow international vendors from Asia and the US to sell directly to local consumers.
In this webinar, we aim to educate the audience on the 5 things they must know about the e-commerce market in LATAM.
The MRC routinely receives inquiries requesting insight on how a fraud prevention unit can be established at a company from the ground up. In this whitepaper, the MRC, in conjunction with a working group of the MRC Fraud Community, delves into current trends, the regulatory landscape, and how these factors can affect both the role and structure of a fraud prevention group. Accountability and staffing are detailed next, followed by a brief look at training resources. Comprehensive information on common key performance indicators is also included, covering KPIs for chargebacks, risk operations, and fraud analysts. The paper closes with key benchmarking results from the MRC Global Fraud Survey and an appendix on KPI calculations.
Better fraud prevention, all around.
Many organizations rely on two-factor authentication (2FA) using one‑time passcodes (OTPs) sent by Short Message Service (SMS) to authenticate banking and ecommerce transactions. 2FA performed this way can be fast and easy, but SMS wasn’t designed to be a security tool.
Learn how your organization can leverage voice biometrics to protect customers and your brand by building the highest levels of protection, trust and loyalty.
At Checkout, we’re committed to enabling businesses like Binance, Blockchain.com, Crypto.com, Farfetch and Sony to thrive in the digital economy. That’s why, for the past few years, we have been tracking sentiment and behavior around crypto. We surveyed 3,000 businesses and 30,000 consumers worldwide to help us look more closely at the use of cryptocurrency in payments today and the key implications of this shift for merchant businesses. The outcome of this research is our Demystifying Crypto report, a comprehensive look at how both consumers and merchants in 11 countries are evaluating opportunities to adopt digital currencies.
In Nethone Buy Now Pay Later guide, you will learn:
- How BNPL is quickly becoming a payment method loved by consumers
- About the types of fraud associated with BNPL
- How to implement BNPL without succumbing to fraudsters
- How to keep your customers happy with a smooth UX
- How we can help you with an advanced fraud solution
- About the future prospects for BNPL