Risk Payments in the IoT - Who's Liable for My Refrigerator's Payments?
The value of IoT developments rests in allowing customers to disengage from tasks they would otherwise perform. This poses interesting challenges for merchants in connection with fraud and risk.
This presentation from a team of experts with a rich background in merchant fraud covers important considerations, such as:
- What will happen with traditional means of authentication that rely on actions from users?
- What changes will have to be made to payment systems?
- What new fraud patterns will attackers develop?
Some content is hidden, to be able to see it login here Login
There are no related Events
This MRC Virtual 2022 presentation highlights risks mitigation strategies, the types of fraud merchants may encounter, and provides useful insights into current and future regulations in the crypto space.
This highly educational presentation from subject matter experts explores this process in detail, and is a must read for anyone interested in implementing crypto or the blockchain into their payments stack.
To effectively fight fraud, it’s critical to understand the economic and geographical factors that drive attacks. These include financial factors like currency exchange rates, wages, cost of labor, and more.
This informative MRC Virtual session explores the idea of an Attack Incentive Index, an industry-wide index that effectively combines relevant economic data with known attack patterns to provide a holistic insight into attacker motivation.
FIDO is a standardized authentication protocol used to strongly authenticate a cardholder on their device, without relying on passwords or one-time passcodes, and for a new digital world with modern regulations, FIDO may be the answer.
FIDO can be used with EMV® 3-D Secure and Delegated Authentication to provide a secure, user-friendly way for the European payments industry to meet PSD2 SCA requirements. While several methods comply with SCA, FIDO is the only one that checks all the boxes: user convenience, PSD2 SCA compliance, security, scalability and so much more.
This presentation demonstrates how FIDO may offer better PSD2 SCA compliance, and how it may help more effectively optimize online payments for European merchants.
Ultimately, in the world of payments, success depends on human factors, like how consumers perceive and respond to risk, reward and effort.
Against this backdrop, Token surveyed over 1,000 people across Europe about the attitudes, preferences and behaviours shaping their financial and digital lives.
Token presents: "Who Will Pay by Bank" a data-driven look at the human element that will fuel the future of open banking payments.
A glimpse into this report:
- Learn which consumers are paying by bank today and where will we see demand tomorrow
- Discover the behaviours and opportunities that could support continued uptake of account-to-account (A2A) payments
- Understand how consumers in Europe perceive the benefits of A2A payments and other payment methods on a country-by-country basis
- Uncover how consumers understand open banking's evolving role in their lives
- Read commentary from the Open Banking Implementation Entity, Open Banking Expo, American Express, Ban
False positives down, revenue up! Learn from an Experian fraud expert how machine learning strengthens fraud prevention, reduces false positives, and leads to new revenues.
Fraud prevention is one of the most exciting areas in commerce. However, it is also challenging to core business functions. This webinar will present how modern fraud prevention becomes more efficient through machine learning models and how this results in new revenue potential.
By participating in this webinar, the learner should be able to understand:
- State-of-the-art fraud prevention methods and current fraud figures
- How machine learning supports fraud prevention
- Why companies should rely on smart fraud prevention with machine learning models
Open banking in the UK and EU has created a new online payment option: instant bank transfers, which offer lower fees, better security and more convenience for consumers. In February of 2021, more than one million open banking payments were processed in the UK, compared with 300,000 for the whole of 2019. But how mature is this payment option, who’s already using it and will consumers adopt it?
Join TrueLayer and guests, as we cover: What open banking payments are and how they work - The retail trends that are driving the growth of this new payment option - Is the time right? A status check on usage, adoption and readiness of open banking payments in the UK and Europe - How open banking payments drive value for ecommerce merchants - The consumer payment experience: demo of UX + real case studies - Consumer protections for open banking payments.
Better fraud prevention, all around.
Many organizations rely on two-factor authentication (2FA) using one‑time passcodes (OTPs) sent by Short Message Service (SMS) to authenticate banking and ecommerce transactions. 2FA performed this way can be fast and easy, but SMS wasn’t designed to be a security tool.
Learn how your organization can leverage voice biometrics to protect customers and your brand by building the highest levels of protection, trust and loyalty.
In Nethone's Frictionless white paper, you will learn:
- How to reduce checkout friction to maximise your revenue?
- How to manage UX friction associated with PSD2/SCA?
- How to prepare for Transaction Risk Analysis (TRA)
- How to keep your customers happy
- How to achieve all this while effectively combating payment fraud